The YORK® commitment to building quality home comfort products began over 140 years ago. A manufacturing company founded in 1874 in YORK, Pennsylvania, started making ice machines to replace the shipping of ice from the Great Lakes. The “YORK” company soon extended their expertise in refrigeration to other areas.
In 2006, YORK® became a brand of Johnson Controls – a Fortune 100 company and a leader in world-class manufacturing. This alliance has allowed us to invest in industry-leading research and development to deliver a wide range of products with the features requested most often:
- High energy efficiency that reduces utility bills
- Reduced outdoor operating sound levels
- Space efficiency for smaller homes and living spaces
- Attractive designs that complement your home
- Easy-access panels to simplify routine maintenance
Designed, engineered and assembled in North America, our residential products undergo performance and reliability testing that is unmatched in our industry, ensuring energy savings and lasting performance for years to come.